Every year since 2005, I’ve made a playlist of songs that affected me during that year. Sometimes they’re new songs released that year. Sometimes they’re old songs that took on a new meaning for me for whatever reason. The playlist is never meant to me a reflection on that year in music, but rather a reflection of myself during that time. Give it a listen if you like.
01. Roar — Scott Bradlee and the Postmodern Jukebox feat. Annie Goodchild
02. Dance Apocalyptic — Janelle Monae
03. The Man — Aloe Blacc
04. Jump HI – LION BABE feat. Childish Gambino
05. Water Fountain — tUnE-yArDs
06. The Walker — Fitz and the Tantrums
07. You Go Down Smooth — Lake Street Dive
08. Tennessee Time — Valerie June
09. Sing Sing — The Bones of J.R. Jones
10. Remember Me — The Zutons
11. Rich Girl — Lake Street Dive
12. Like a Mighty River — St. Paul and the Broken Bones
13. Loving You is Killing Me — Aloe Blacc
14. You Can’t Be Told — Valerie June
15. Sea Lion Woman — Feist
16. Shine on Me — The Bones of J.R. Jones
17. The Seeker – The Who
18. Transgender Dysphoria Blues — Against Me!
There are more repeat artists on this playlist than usual. I think because I got a record player for Christmas last year and have been listening to vinyl again. I fell in love with albums and artists rather than singles this year- it was refreshing. There are also a couple songs on here because they play all the time at work & offer me a pick-me-up when I’m stranded in the sea of retail.